What Is A Fancy Bearded Dragon? In the past, people were less likely to consider adopting an exotic pet.
But thanks in part due from dedicated professionals and hobbyists who tirelessly bred these amazing creatures for years on end-they’re now available at your local store.
Bearded dragons require a warm, dry enclosure that’s at least 78 degrees Fahrenheit to survive. Their water needs must also be met and they need an area with temperature gradients so the dragon can move from one side of its home ( cool )to another( hot ).
Bearded Dragon types can be broken down into two categories, wild and domestic.
The most common type of bearded dragon is called wild. They’re easy to find in pet stores and online, but there are other types as well.
What Is A Fancy Bearded Dragon?
A fancy bearded dragon morph is a sort of bearded dragon that comes in a variety of colors and patterns. A fancy bearded dragon, for example, has less scaling and smoother skin, as well as a color variety that leans more toward red. However, they are only available during certain times of the year.
Most fancy bearded dragon morphs, but a category for all uncommon or distinctive morphs and species.
A fancy bearded dragon is a type of reptile that is known for its long, bushy beard but they stand out to predators. These lizards are native to Australia and can grow up to two feet in length. They are popular pets because of their docile nature and their ability to be trained to do tricks.
While wild types of the fancy dragons would blend into their surroundings with ease due to their overall appearance being less distinguishable from other leaves or berries around it
A Hawk’s eye view senses game meat and knows what will get picked off trees when spotted by this animal.
Characteristics Of Fancy Bearded Dragon
- They are typically smaller than common bearded dragons and have shorter lifespans.
- They are one of the largest species of bearded dragons, growing up to 24 inches in length.
- Their bodies are covered in large, flat scales that give them a “fancy” appearance. On their beards and sides, they lack or have smaller and fewer spikes.
- They come in a variety of colors and patterns, including orange, red, yellow, and white.
- They have a long, pointy tail that they use to balance themselves.
- They have a long tongue that they use to catch insects.
- They have good eyesight and can see in both ultraviolet and visible light.
- They are good climbers and often perch on high branches or rocks.
- They are active during the day and bask in the sun to regulate their body temperature.
- They are omnivorous, meaning they eat both plants and animals.
- They are native to Australia and can be found in arid desert habitats.
Similarities Between Fancy Bearded Dragon And Bearded Dragon
The wild-type bearded dragons come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Some have big, bushy beards while others have smaller, more delicate ones.
And then there are the fancy bearded dragons with their colorful scales and long, flowing manes.
But what exactly sets a fancy beardie apart from a typical bearded dragon:? Here are six key differences between fancy bearded dragons and regular bearded dragons.
Fancy Bearded Dragons Have More Colorful Scales
One of the most obvious differences between fancy bearded dragons and normal bearded dragons ones is that fancy beards have much more bright and vivid colors
While regular beardies typically have brown, tan, or reddish scales, fancy beardies can come in a wide range of colors, from bright orange to deep purple.
Fancy Bearded Dragons Have Longer Manes
Another key difference between fancy and standard bearded dragons is that fancy beardies have much longer manes. Their manes can flow down their backs to their tails. In contrast, regular beardies typically have shorter, sparser manes.
The scales of a conventional bearded dragon are harsh to feel, but the scales and texture of a fancy bearded dragon may be softer.
Fancy Bearded Dragons Are More Docile
Fancy bearded dragons are also generally more docile than the normal beardies. They tend to be less active and are less likely to run away when approached by humans. This makes them ideal pets for people who want a low-maintenance reptile.
Fancy Bearded Dragons Are More Expensive
Because of their exotic looks, fancy bearded dragons usually cost more than Central Bearded Dragon. They can range in price from $100 to $1,000, depending on their coloration and other factors.
Fancy Bearded Dragons Require Special Care
Due to their delicate nature, fancy bearded dragons require special care. They need to be kept in spacious, well-ventilated enclosures and should be given a diet of high-quality food and water.
Fancy Bearded Dragons Are More Susceptible to Disease
Because of their weakened immune systems, fancy bearded dragons are more susceptible to disease than regular beardies.
They are also more likely to develop respiratory problems. As a result, it is important to take extra care of fancy beardies and to take them to the vet for regular checkups.
Fancy Bearded Dragon Vs Bearded Dragon
- Bearded dragons come in a wide type variety of colors and patterns, while fancy bearded dragons tend to be more uniform in coloration.
- Bearded dragons are typically found in the wild type, while fancy bearded dragons are rare morphs almost exclusively captive-bred.
- Bearded dragons can be quite aggressive, especially during mating season, while fancy bearded dragons are generally docile and easy to handle
- Bearded dragons can live for up to 20 years in captivity, while fancy bearded dragons typically have a lifespan of 10-12 years.
- Bearded dragons are omnivorous, meaning they will eat both plants and animals, while fancy bearded dragons are typically herbivorous, only eating plants.
Fancy bearded dragons are simply a morph or color variation of the common bearded dragon that is bred in captivity. These lizards make great pets and can be very docile, but they require some special care to stay healthy and thrive.
If you’re considering adding a fancy bearded dragon to your family, be sure to do your research and find a reputable breeder to purchase from. With proper care, your new pet will bring you years of enjoyment.